Sunday, May 13, 2007

George Samuel & Emma Goldsmith née Pask

This information relates to the green-icon tree - descendants of John & Mirabel Pask née Sparrow.

We received another inquiry yesterday relating to the descendants of John & Mirabel Sparrow. This time is was from Margaret & Richard Cameron of Brisbane, Australia.

Margaret is looking for a possible connection between George Samuel & Emma Goldsmith née Pask who lived in Whepstead Suffolk, and her ancestors:

Abraham Goldsmith b. c. 1719. From his will I think he had two marriages, but I do not know the name of his first wife. Second wife was Mary, maiden name unknown. I found their graves in the Whepstead churchyard on one of my many visits to the U.K.

Abraham died in Whepstead 2nd June, 1799 and Mary in Oct. 1784. Abraham had the following children: Abraham, Mary, William (my ancestor) Elizabeth, Sarah, George and Susan. George was baptised 14th June 1771 in Whepstead and
had children Edward and George. I do not know the name of his wife, but I can't help wondering if your George who married Emily Pask was a descendent of my George.


Hopefully a fellow researcher of this branch can assist in finding whether there is a connection.

Whepstead is the venue of the Pask Family Gathering on July 26 2008.